How To: Wash Your Makeup Brushes The Correct Way.
Hey Beauties and happy Sunday!
I have a very important topic today and it’s all about washing makeup brushes! Believe it or not, washing brushes is an essential part of your skincare routine. The reason being is because you may have a great skincare routine, healthy lifestyle, etc…, but as soon as you do your makeup with a dirty brush, it could break you out. So, if you’re new to makeup, or you just need a few tips on cleaning your makeup brushes, then read on…
The first step of washing my makeup brushes is pulling all the dirty brushes from my makeup collection and putting it in a cup.
The next thing I do is get a towel and roll one end, so when I put my makeup brushes to dry, it isn’t laying flat down. The roll on one side creates an incline so the water won’t go into the ferrule while my brushes are drying. If water goes in the ferrule, it’ll cause the glue holding the bristles together to loosen up which can lead to loss of bristles. I always like to begin with my foundation, powder, bronzer, blush and highlighting brushes first because the makeup is more stubborn to come off and then I wash my eye brushes because they take no time at all.
To wash my brushes, I use unscented Aveeno baby shampoo. You don’t have to use the particular brand that I use, you can use whatever baby shampoo you could find. My kids use the unscented Aveeno shampoo, so I always have it on hand. I would definitely recommend making sure whatever baby shampoo you decide to use is unscented just in case the fragrance causes a few or tons of breakouts. There are a few things to keep in mind when washing your makeup brushes…
- Always keep your brushes face down so that no water goes into the ferrule.
- Use lukewarm water, never hot water because the heat could also cause the glue to loosen up which will result in loss of bristles.
Now that we touched on the basics of brush cleaning, let’s get into how to wash our brushes!!
- Use lukewarm water to wet the bristles. (Make sure to hold the brush face down.
- Pour a little baby shampoo on the palm of your hand.
- Swirl the bristles on the palm of your hand and watch all the gross makeup dissolve. (Oddly satisfying)
- Rinse the bristles with lukewarm water and continue the process until the water runs clear.
- Squeeze the excess water out.
- Shape brush.
- Lay face down to dry.
Using this method will ensure that your brushes will last quite a long time. I’ve had some of my brushes for over 7 years and they’re still in great condition.
Now, on to the topic of how often you should wash your makeup brushes.
It’s recommended to wash your face brushes weekly.
Wash your brushes that are used for your eyes bi-weekly.
All other brushes can be washed monthly.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. What do you use to clean your makeup brushes? Also, what’s your favorite set of brushes? Let me know in the comments below!
- Did you enjoy this post?! If so, don’t forget to visit my page to check out my latest posts. Don’t forget to follow so you’re notified whenever I post which is daily.
- What?! She has a Mommy Blog too?! Yes, I do!! Click Here to check out my Mommy Blog and feel free to follow that blog if you’d like.
** For Business Inquiries, Sponsorships, PR… email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories: 2018, Advice, Anastasia, Anniversary, Award, Bahamas, Beauties, Beauty, bitebeauty, Blog, brushes, Buxom, Candles, Cargo, carnival, Christmas, clinique, cosmetics, cosrx, crueltyfree, cruise, Decor, Dermalogica, Devacurl, Drugstore, Dulcecandy, eye, eyeprimer, Eyeshadow, face, Fall, Favorites, Fenty, first aid beauty, Florida, Food, Foundation, Friday, giveaway, Glam, Glam glow, Glow, Hair, Halal, hate, Holiday, Home, how to, howto, influenster, Jewelry, Kat Von D, kind, L'Oréal, liberty, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Love, Make money, Makeup, makeupforever, Mascaras, mask, maybelline, moisturizer, Motd, Motivation, Nail, Nails, New collection, nyx, olay, Opinion, Pantene, primer, Product Review, Recognition, Shimmer, Skincare, Smashbox, Smile, Snack, Suggestions, Swagbucks, tag, Tarte, tip, tip tuesday, Too Faced, toofaced, Travel, Trending, Uncategorized, urbandecay, vacation, vegan, vs, Wordpress